The Flood Warning continues for
the Black River at Black Rock.
* Until Monday morning... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:00 PM Friday the stage was 14.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
early next week.
Fld observed forecast 6am
location stg stg day time Sat sun Mon Tue Wed
Black Rock 14 14.9 Fri 07 PM 14.6 13.8 13.2 12.6 12.2
Statement as of 7:49 PM CDT on May 17, 2013Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:23 am CDT on May 18, 2013Dense Fog Advisory
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am CDT this morning...
The National Weather Service in Memphis has issued a dense fog
advisory... which is in effect until 9 am CDT this morning.
* Visibility... one quarter mile or less.
* Timing... through early Saturday morning.
* Impacts... areas of dense fog will significantly reduce
visibilities and create hazardous driving conditions early this
morning. Please use extra caution and reduce Highway speeds in
areas where dense fog is encountered.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
Statement as of 1:33 am CDT on May 18, 2013
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Tupelo...
a record rainfall of 1.81 inches was set at Tupelo yesterday. This
breaks the old record of 1.03 inches set back in 2003.
|Public Information Statement|
Statement as of 12:49 am CDT on May 18, 2013
NOAA Weather Radio station wxj-51 in Jonesboro Arkansas is off the
air due to a maintenance problem. The duration of the outage
remains unknown at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience
this may cause and are working to restore the NOAA Weather Radio
broadcast as soon as possible.