... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 PM MST this evening...
* winds... southwest winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 50
mph will continue through mid-evening.
* Impacts... blowing dust may reduce visibility from the Little
Colorado River valley into northeast Arizona. Cross winds may
hamper travel on area roadways.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 to 39 mph... or
gusts from 40 to 57 mph... are expected. Winds this strong can
make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles.
Consider securing loose belongings on your property. Additional
weather information is on the web at www.Weather.Gov/Flagstaff.
Statement as of 10:51 am MST on May 23, 2013Wind Advisory
Statement as of 3:42 am MST on May 23, 2013Fire Weather Warning
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 10 am this morning to
8 PM MST this evening for strong winds and low relative
* timing... from 10 am MST this morning through this evening.
* 20 foot winds... southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Minimum relative humidity... as low as 8 percent.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring or are imminent. A combination of strong
winds and low relative humidity can contribute to extreme fire
Please notify field crews of this red flag warning.