... Wind Advisory remains in effect from noon today to 7 PM MST
* timing... wind speeds will increase by late this morning and
continue through early evening.
* Winds... southwest winds of 20 to 30 mph and gusts to 45 mph.
* Impacts... blowing dust is possible in the Little Colorado
River valley. Cross winds may hamper travel on area roadways.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 to 39 mph... or
gusts from 40 to 57 mph... are expected. Winds this strong can
make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles.
Consider securing loose belongings on your property. Additional
weather information is on the web at www.Weather.Gov/Flagstaff.
Little Colorado River Valley in Navajo County
Statement as of 2:38 am MST on May 22, 2013Wind Advisory
Statement as of 3:21 am MST on May 22, 2013Fire Weather Warning
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 8 PM MST
this evening for strong winds and low relative humidity...
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon to 8 PM MST
Thursday for strong winds and low relative humidity...
* affected area... Coconino... Navajo... Apache..and the higher
elevations of Yavapai County.
* Timing... noon today through this evening... and again from noon
Thursday through Thursday evening.
* 20 foot winds... southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Minimum relative humidity... as low as 7 percent.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring or are imminent. A combination of strong
winds and low relative humidity can contribute to extreme fire
Please notify field crews of this red flag warning.