... Wind Advisory remains in effect until noon PDT Wednesday...
* winds... west winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph will
occur through midday Wednesday.
* Timing... winds will increase through early evening then
gradually diminish Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... winds this strong will make driving on Interstate 5
and state routes 138 and 14 difficult. Drivers of high profile
vehicles should use extra caution.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 mph or greater are
Los Angeles County Mountains excluding the Santa Monica Range
Statement as of 5:57 PM PDT on June 18, 2013Wind Advisory
Statement as of 3:09 PM PDT on June 18, 2013Fire Weather Warning
... Red flag warning in effect from 6 am Wednesday to 10 am PDT
Thursday for gusty northwest to north winds and very low humidity for
the mountains of Los Angeles and Ventura counties...
* winds... areas of northwest to north winds 15 to 30 mph with
gusts to 45 mph... except isolated gusts over 50 mph near
Whitaker Peak. The strongest winds will mainly be focused near
the Interstate 5 corridor during the overnight and morning
* Relative humidity... humidities falling into the teens and
single digits on Wednesday and persisting through early
* Impacts... if fire ignition occurs there could be rapid spread
of wildfire that would lead to a threat to life and property.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are expected. This in combination with very dry fuels could
create extreme fire danger and/or fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.