... Wind Advisory in effect from 10 am this morning to 6 PM CDT
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 10 am this morning to 6 PM CDT
* Timing... the wind will increase through the morning peaking
between mid morning and mid afternoon.
* Winds... south to southwest increasing to 25 to 35 mph with gusts
to 45 mph.
* Impacts... the strong wind will make driving difficult today
especially for high profile or light weight vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Statement as of 4:21 am CDT on April 16, 2014Wind Advisory
Statement as of 4:13 am CDT on April 16, 2014Fire Weather Warning
... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 6 PM CDT this
evening for extreme fire conditions... .
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a red flag
warning for extreme fire conditions... which is in effect from
noon today to 6 PM CDT this evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no
longer in effect.
* Timing... the strongest winds will occur from mid morning to mid
afternoon. Relative humidity will fall throughout the morning
and bottom out during the afternoon hours.
* Wind... a south southwest at 20 to 35 mph with gusts to near 45mph
* Relative humidity... as low as 27 percent.
* Fuel... fuels should dry quickly today with increasing wind and
drier air moving in.
* Impacts... any fires that start may spread rapidly due to the
very strong winds.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create explosive fire growth potential.