... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 10 am Wednesday to
7 am EST Thursday...
* hazard types... heavy snow.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches... along
with around a trace of ice.
* Timing... snow will begin Wednesday across southern New
Hampshire... and by Wednesday afternoon across the rest of New
Hampshire and western Maine. Snow will become heavy for a time
Wednesday evening... before tapering off early Thursday.
* Impacts... snow will cause treacherous Road conditions on a
very busy travel day. Travelers in western Maine and New
Hampshire should be at their destination by Wednesday
afternoon to avoid hazardous conditions. In addition... a heavy
wet snow near the coast could lead to scattered power outages.
* Winds... north 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 35 mph along the
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
* Temperatures... around 30.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.