... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday evening
through late Sunday night...
* locations... northeast... east central... downeast Maine.
* Hazard types... heavy snow and strong wind.
* Ice accumulations... a trace possible.
* Snow accumulations... 7 to 12 inches.
* Timing... Saturday evening through Sunday evening.
* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph... except 45 mph
down east and across higher terrain.
* Temperatures... in the lower 30s.
* Visibilities... visibilities below a half mile at times will be
possible Sunday, especially during the afternoon.
* Impacts... the heavy wet snow along with strong winds will
result in very difficult travel conditions starting Saturday
evening and continuing Sunday. In addition... since the snow
will be wet in nature this will potentially lead to
significant build up on trees and power lines resulting in
scattered to numerous power outages.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.