... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 2 PM EDT /1 PM
* snow... heavy at times... will continue through the night before
diminishing late Thursday morning.
* By early Thursday afternoon... expect storm total snow
accumulations of 12 to 16 inches.
* Patchy blowing and drifting snow is possible along the Lake
Superior shoreline into Thursday morning.
* with heavy... wet snow on roadways... travel will be especially
hazardous. Persons planning on traveling should be prepared for
dangerous Road conditions.
* The heavy... wet snow will also be difficult to shovel and plow.
* a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter
weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant
amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous.
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/MQT
Updated — 1:35 AM CDT on April 17, 2014
Forecast for Ironwood (49938)
H 41° / L 19°
H 39° / L 23°
H 46° / L 34°
H 57° / L 34°
H 52° / L 30°
Overcast with snow showers, then a chance of snow in the afternoon. High of 41F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible.Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy. Low of 19F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Partly cloudy. High of 39F with a windchill as low as 28F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 10 mph.Friday Night
Partly cloudy. Low of 23F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the SE after midnight.
Overcast with rain. High of 46F. Winds from the ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%.Saturday Night
Overcast with rain. Fog overnight. Low of 34F. Winds from the South at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
Overcast. High of 57F. Winds from the West at 5 to 10 mph.Sunday Night
Overcast. Fog overnight. Low of 34F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Clear. Fog early. High of 52F. Winds from the SW at 10 to 15 mph.Monday Night
Clear. Fog overnight. Low of 30F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 15 mph.