1149 PM CDT Mon may 20 2013
The Flood Warning continues for
the Blackwater river at Valley City.
* Until Wednesday evening.
* At 8:00 am Tuesday the stage was 27.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 22.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 27.8 feet by this
afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage tonight.
* At 25.0 feet... County Highway E near Valley City and Highway 23
near the Perry State Wildlife Area are under water.
* At 22.0 feet... Woodlands and farm fields along the river begin to
location fs stage day/time forecast
Valley city 22 27.5 Tue 08 am 27.8 this afternoon
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
Cooper County in central Missouri...
Howard County in central Missouri...
northeastern Johnson County in west central Missouri...
northern Pettis County in central Missouri...
southern Randolph County in north central Missouri...
southern Saline County in central Missouri...
* until 1130 am CDT Tuesday
* at 1141 PM CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
rainfall amounts of 2 to 3 inches had fallen across the warned
area during the late afternoon and evening hours. Runoff from this
rainfall has flooded several roads across the region and
additional Road closures are expected during the overnight
hours. This warning will replace the Flash Flood Warning that
is in effect for Cooper and Howard counties.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include... Boonville...
Fayette... Glasgow... Knob Noster... Moberly... Sweet Springs...
Armstrong... Bunceton... Clark... Higbee... Houstonia... New Franklin...
Otterville and Pilot Grove.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flash flooding is observed act quickly. Do
not enter the water. Turn around and move up to higher ground to
escape flood waters. Do not stay in areas subject to flooding when
water begins rising.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
Lat... Lon 3925 9233 3926 9244 3898 9258 3892 9251
3870 9263 3870 9305 3886 9305 3872 9365
3881 9370 3925 9299 3921 9288 3950 9242