... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from midnight
tonight to noon MDT Friday for elevations above 5500 feet...
A Winter Weather Advisory for elevations above 5500 feet for snow
remains in effect from midnight tonight to noon MDT Friday for
elevations above 5500 feet.
* Timing and main impact: light rain will fall over the Rocky
Mountain front this evening. The rain will gradually change to
snow for elevations above 5500 feet after midnight. Above 6000
feet... the snow may be heavy at times late tonight through
* Snow accumulations: total snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches is
expected over maris pass... while above 6000 feet isolated
amounts of 10 to 15 inches are expected.
* Visibility: visibilities could be reduced to less than one
half mile at times.
* Elevations: for elevations above 5500 feet.
* Other impacts: periods of snow will affect Marias Pass on
Highway 2 later tonight through Friday... but the most
significant snowfall is expected near ridge tops. Travelers
should expect reduced visibilities and slush buildup on the
roadway late tonight through Friday morning. Those venturing to
elevations above 6000 feet in Glacier National Park and in the
bob Marshall wilderness areas should be prepared for winter
* Locations affected include: Marias Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while