... High Wind Warning in effect from 5 PM MST this afternoon to
9 PM MDT Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a High
Wind Warning... which is in effect from 5 PM MST this afternoon to
9 PM MDT Sunday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing: westerly winds aloft will become strong and mix down to
the surface late this afternoon... continuing through the day on
Sunday. Winds will likely be strongest between midnight tonight
and noon on Sunday.
* Main impact: strong Crosswinds will cause difficult travel
for those traveling on roads oriented north to south in
lightweight and/or high profile vehicles.
* Winds: west winds of 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 65 mph.
* Locations affected include: Shelby... Chester.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab:
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.