... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 7 am Friday to 4 am
The Winter Weather Advisory is now in effect from 7 am Friday to
4 am PST Saturday.
* Snow accumulations... 6 to 10 inches with local amounts up to a
* Timing... light snow could start as early as 4 am PST Friday.
However most accumulating snow is expected between 8 and 10 am
PST through Friday evening before tapering off Friday night.
* Locations include: Crater Lake... Crescent Lake... Diamond
Lake... Union Creek... Howard Prairie... Siskiyou Summit.
* Winds... light and variable at 10 mph or less except above
treeline... where they will be much stronger.
* Impacts... all roadways will be impacted by low density snowfall.
Due to very cold temperatures in place... snow will accumulate
and persist on all surfaces unless plowed. Where snow is
compacted... slippery conditions will develop. Interstate five
and highways 138... 97... 62... 230... 140... and 66 are among the
roadways that will be affected. It's strongly recommended
people be prepared for hazardous conditions.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
South Central Oregon Cascades
Statement as of 1:25 PM PST on December 5, 2013Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 12:37 am PST on December 05, 2013
... Record low temperature set at Medford or...
a record low temperature of 18 degrees was set at Medford or
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 19 set in 1959.