... Wind Advisory in effect from 8 am this morning to 7 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 8 am this morning to 7 PM EDT
* Locations... ridgetops above 3000 feet along the Blue Ridge chain
from northern North Carolina through Virginia as far north as
* Hazards... strong northwest winds.
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... from shortly after sunrise through this evening.
* Impacts... winds may topple trees and power lines.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.