The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Red River Landing.
* Until further notice.
* At 9:00 PM Thursday the stage was 53.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 48.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 53.0 feet by
after midnight tomorrow. Additional rises may be possible
* Impact... at 51.0 feet... all river islands along The Reach from Red
River Landing to Baton Rouge will be inundated. Recreational camps
and river bottom farm land will be under water.
* Impact... at 48.0 feet... access roads will be inundated and
evacuation of all river islands must be complete. Protection of
people and property in the river bottom land on the river side of
the levees must be complete
* impact... at 46.0 feet... river traffic will become dangerous. A levee
crevasse would flood adjacent farm land. Significant flooding of
Raccourci Island will continue and evacuation of the island is
* impact... at 45.0 feet... between the 40 and 45 foot stage flooding of
Raccourci Island becomes significant. At the 45 foot stage
evacuation of the island is recommended
Updated — 9:17 AM CDT on May 24, 2013
Forecast for Fordoche (70732)
Chance of a Thunderstorm
H 91° / L 70°
H 90° / L 66°
H 88° / L 68°
H 84° / L 70°
H 88° / L 72°
Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. Fog early. High of 91F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 20%.Friday Night
Partly cloudy. Low of 70F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Partly cloudy. High of 90F. Winds from the ESE at 5 to 10 mph.Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Low of 66F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Partly cloudy. High of 88F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph.Sunday Night
Partly cloudy in the evening, then clear. Low of 68F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Partly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 84F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 15 mph.Monday Night
Clear in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 70F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 15 mph.
Partly cloudy. High of 88F. Winds from the SE at 10 to 15 mph.Tuesday Night
Clear. Low of 72F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph.